How are you doing with the book of the month? Are you reading along with Kris? If so, you should be done with Chapter 12. What do think of the first 12 chapters so far? If you haven’t made it to this check points yet, no worries! Here is a recap for you.
- January 1st: Reading begins!
- January 7th: Progress Report #1 – End of Chapter 6
- January 14th: Progress Report #2 – End of Chapter 12
- January 21st: Progress Report #3 – End of Chapter 18
- January 28th: Progress Report #4 – End of Chapter 24
- January 31st: Final Report – End of Chapter 27
Progress Report 1 (Chapter 1 to 6): Take a look and see what these bloggers thought of the first 6 chapters.
If you haven’t made it to Chapter 12… Don’t read further!!
SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!
Chapter 7 to 12 Essay Questions
1. Why are the “Tributes” given stylist and dressed so elaborately for the opening ceremony? Does this ceremony remind you of events in our world, either past or present? Compare those ceremonies in real life to the one in the story.
2. Why do you think fire is an appropriate symbol for Katniss?
3. Before the Games start, Peeta tell Katniss, “…I want to die as myself…I don’t want them to change me in the there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I’m not.” What does this tell you about Peeta? What does he fear more than death?
4. Do you think the glamorization of the Games and the treatments of its stars before they are sent off to die is a reflection of anything in our modern society?
What do you win if you get all of the answers right? The satisfaction of knowing you are… RIGHT! It’s not to late to join Kris in the Read Along. Click on the owl and it will take you right to her Read Along. Keep the pages turning!
Mocha Girl Alysia
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- MGR Reading Challenge: 2017 Book Bingo Completed Card - April 30, 2017
- MGR Reading Challenge: 2017 Book Bingo! #2 - April 27, 2017
- May’s Book of the Month: The Bees by Laline Paull - April 17, 2017