It’s that time ladies. Time to Rock the Vote! For the month of January we are going to read a Dystopain Novel. What is a Dystopain Novel you ask?
A dystopia is a community or society, usually fictional, that is in some important way undesirable or frightening. It is the opposite of a utopia. Such societies appear in many works of fiction, particularly in stories set in a speculative future. Dystopias are often characterized by dehumanization, totalitarian governments, environmental disaster,or other characteristics associated with a cataclysmic decline in society. Elements of dystopias may vary from environmental to political and social issues. Dystopian societies have culminated in a broad series of sub-genres of fiction and are often used to raise real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, religion, psychology, spirituality, or technology that may become present in the future. For this reason, dystopias have taken the form of a multitude of speculations, such as pollution, poverty, societal collapse, political repression, or totalitarianism.
There are some great titles up for vote this time. Here are the Rules for Voting.
1. You may vote for three (3) books.
2. All members get to vote only once.
3. Last Day to vote will be December 23, 2012. (Midnight Los Angeles time)
4. The book with the most votes wins. But if there is a tie there will be a 48 hour death match. The two or three books will go into a head to head competition for only 48 hours. Whichever book is left standing (with the most votes) wins!
Below the poll you will find the title of the books linked to a brief description. Now… may the best book win!!
Latest posts by Mocha Girl Alysia (see all)
- MGR Reading Challenge: 2017 Book Bingo Completed Card - April 30, 2017
- MGR Reading Challenge: 2017 Book Bingo! #2 - April 27, 2017
- May’s Book of the Month: The Bees by Laline Paull - April 17, 2017